Price and Service Information for Licensing
This page will give you up to date information in relation to our pricing structure and timescales for our debt collection services.
Machins Solicitors LLP only undertakes work in relation to licensing matters in connection with the sale of alcohol (for consumption on/off the premises).
We do not generally advise in relation to the Personal Licence that is required by an individual involved in the sale of alcohol (whether directly or in a supervisory capacity). However, we will require a copy of the individual Personal Licence for the purposes of any application relating to a Premises Licence.
- Contact the relevant licensing authority to ascertain its procedures and requirements for the purposes of the Premises Licence.
- Complete the appropriate forms in connection with an application for either a new Premises Licence or to vary an existing Premises Licence.
- Where applicable, we will notify relevant third parties in connection with the Premises Licence application.
- Where applicable, we will contact the local press to place the relevant public notice within the requisite time periods.
Our fees (exclusive of VAT and any third party payments):-
- For the purposes of an application for a new Premises Licence, we would charge a fee between £1,000-£1,500 (exclusive of VAT) depending on the complexity of the matter and the fee-earner involved.
- For the purposes of an application to vary/transfer an existing Premises Licence, we would charge a fee between £500-£750 (exclusive of VAT), depending on the complexity of the matter and the fee-earner involved.
- For an application to change the Designated Premises Supervisor, our fee would be £300 (exclusive of VAT).
Third Party Fees can include, but are not limited to:-
- Council / Licensing Authority Fees
- Advertising / Public Notice Fees
Our fees above do not include:-
- Obtaining suitable plans (these will need to be obtained by you at your cost).
- Obtaining a Fire Risk Assessment (or any other surveys/reports) required in connection with the premises, which you must obtain at your cost.
- Attending pre-consultation meetings with the Licensing Authority (or fees associated with the same).
- Dealing with or advising you in relation to queries or representations received from either the responsible authorities or other interested parties.
- Advising on the merits (or otherwise) of varying the Premises Licence.
- Any consent required from a third party (e.g. landlord and/or local authority) for a change of use of the premises for the sale of alcohol.
- Attendance and representation at a licensing sub-committee hearing of the responsible authority. If representations are received and attendance and representation at licensing sub-committee is required, then we will provide a separate fee estimate for this work which will be charged at an hourly rate.
- Attending to any display notices at the premises.
Following receipt of instructions, applications can take between 8-10 weeks to process with the Licensing Authority.
This is on the basis that the application is relatively straightforward and you providing instructions, fees and documents promptly. Where the matter is complex (e.g. there is substantial opposition from interested parties) or there is a delay in you providing information and/or documents needed for the application, then it may take longer to conclude the matter.