Two adult brothers have failed in their attempt to be given a share of their deceased father’s estate after being left out of his will. The High Court ruled that it was clear that the father had made provision for them while he was alive and did not want them to receive anything further. The
Property & Neighbour Disputes
The property we own or occupy is often one of the most important aspects of our lives both financially and personally. When the stakes are high, the right professional advice is crucial.
Talk to one of our friendly and experienced team on 01582 514000
We understand that property disputes are often distressing and messy. Bearing that in mind, we offer sensitive and practical advice and will work with you to resolve the dispute as quickly as possible.
In particular, we can assist with the following:-
- Boundary disputes
- Disputes over rights of way
- Right to light disputes
- Party Wall Act disputes
- Breach of covenants
- Adverse possession claims (where one party claims ownership of land after using it for a long period of time)
- Disputes involving trespass (e.g. if your neighbour erected a shed on your property without your consent)
- CCTV and privacy disputes (e.g. if your neighbour’s CCTV cameras are pointing at your property without your consent)
- Professional negligence claims involving property
- Service charge disputes
We appreciate that it is sometimes easy to lose perspective when navigating through a property or neighbour dispute, and will provide you with honest and no-nonsense practical advice.
Some of our recent experience includes:
- Representing the Defendant in a complex injunctive claim by a neighbour relating to a right of way across their driveway;
- Advising the Claimant on a claim against a neighbour who failed to serve a Party Wall Act notice and undertook works to the party wall which caused damage and cracking; and
- Advising an individual on her right to adverse possession after she had been using abandoned land as a commercial car park for over 20 years.
Related Resources (View more resources)
In this edition – Bankruptcy and the Family Home, Directors Personal Guarantees, Breathing Space and Corporate Insolvency – Reviewable Transactions.
Learn why you should write a will with Edward Gill and Radha Chauhan.
Click to listen now
An overview of possession claims for residential landlords with Edward Gill and Holly Baker.
Click to listen now
Welcome to Issue 3 of our Property Litigation News. In this issue – Rent Arrears and Commercial Tenants, Bringing a Money Claim for Rent Arrears and Business Lease Renewals in Times of Covid….