The Government has announced changes to the Renters (Reform) Bill to protect vulnerable residents and improve the safety of homes for tenants. It has tabled amendments to make it illegal for landlords and agents to have blanket bans on renting to people who receive benefits or who have children – ensuring families aren’t discriminated against
Property & Neighbour Disputes
The property we own or occupy is often one of the most important aspects of our lives both financially and personally. When the stakes are high, the right professional advice is crucial.
Talk to one of our friendly and experienced team on 01582 514000
We understand that property disputes are often distressing and messy. Bearing that in mind, we offer sensitive and practical advice and will work with you to resolve the dispute as quickly as possible.
In particular, we can assist with the following:-
- Boundary disputes
- Disputes over rights of way
- Right to light disputes
- Party Wall Act disputes
- Breach of covenants
- Adverse possession claims (where one party claims ownership of land after using it for a long period of time)
- Disputes involving trespass (e.g. if your neighbour erected a shed on your property without your consent)
- CCTV and privacy disputes (e.g. if your neighbour’s CCTV cameras are pointing at your property without your consent)
- Professional negligence claims involving property
- Service charge disputes
We appreciate that it is sometimes easy to lose perspective when navigating through a property or neighbour dispute, and will provide you with honest and no-nonsense practical advice.
Some of our recent experience includes:
- Representing the Defendant in a complex injunctive claim by a neighbour relating to a right of way across their driveway;
- Advising the Claimant on a claim against a neighbour who failed to serve a Party Wall Act notice and undertook works to the party wall which caused damage and cracking; and
- Advising an individual on her right to adverse possession after she had been using abandoned land as a commercial car park for over 20 years.