Two adult brothers have failed in their attempt to be given a share of their deceased father’s estate after being left out of his will. The High Court ruled that it was clear that the father had made provision for them while he was alive and did not want them to receive anything further. The
Our team is recognised as a regional heavyweight with extensive experience in handling a whole array of business disputes.
Talk to one of our friendly and experienced team on 01582 514000
We take pride in our ability to facilitate realistic negotiations between parties without having to resort to litigation in many circumstances.
Where possible, we explore all forms of alternative dispute resolution including negotiation and mediation in order to reach an appropriate settlement. If litigation is unavoidable, we have a strong reputation and experience in litigation at all levels, including County Court, High Court and Court of Appeal actions.
We have a variety of experience in respect of business disputes, including:
- Shareholder and director disputes including:
- Director breach of duties
- Unfair prejudice petitions
- Minority shareholder actions
- Derivative actions on behalf of the company
- Partnership disputes (whether or not there is a written partnership agreement);
- Share purchase disputes or other M&A disputes;
- Business purchase disputes; and
- Breach of confidence claims (where a key employee or director has exited and has taken company data or IP).
We recognise that it is always paramount to focus on the commercial issues in dispute and to try and reach a favourable settlement, where possible, to avoid the delay and expense of litigation.
Internal disputes can be damaging and disruptive to your business, and we take that stress away from you by providing clear and sensible advice.
We approach all business disputes with our client’s primary objective in mind and understand that whilst disputes are commercially focused, individuals are behind every business and are also involved. We take the time to understand your particular sector or industry in order to give the best and most commercially sensitive advice possible to minimise disruption on production, productivity and profit within the business.
Our recent experience includes:
- Acting on a £1.5m claim relating to alleged breach of warranties following the sale of their family business;
- Acting in a partnership dispute for a share of over 20 properties and business profits that were built up as partnership assets over 30 years; and
- Acting on behalf of a minority shareholder being increasingly excluded from the business of the company over a period of 5 years.
We are experienced in identifying the key issues in any business dispute in order to expedite a resolution through focused negotiation. That way you, as our client, are able to get back to the important job: the day to day running of your business with the knowledge that this element is in hand.
Related Resources (View more resources)
Read our latest article on how Covid-19 has presented an array of challenges for the commercial landlord and tenant sector.
In this edition – Bankruptcy and the Family Home, Directors Personal Guarantees, Breathing Space and Corporate Insolvency – Reviewable Transactions.
An overview of possession claims for residential landlords with Edward Gill and Holly Baker.
Click to listen now
Welcome to Issue 3 of our Property Litigation News. In this issue – Rent Arrears and Commercial Tenants, Bringing a Money Claim for Rent Arrears and Business Lease Renewals in Times of Covid….