The Government has announced changes to the Renters (Reform) Bill to protect vulnerable residents and improve the safety of homes for tenants. It has tabled amendments to make it illegal for landlords and agents to have blanket bans on renting to people who receive benefits or who have children – ensuring families aren’t discriminated against
Contracts are often at the heart of every business. Our team are experienced in assisting commercial clients navigate through contractual disputes, and understand the importance of taking a practical and commercial approach.
Talk to one of our friendly and experienced team on 01582 514000
We will work with you to understand your aims, and can assist you in taking a strategic approach from the outset.
We are sensitive to wider commercial considerations and will discuss with you how we can achieve your wider goals. Often, alternative dispute resolution can be explored if it’s important to maintain an ongoing commercial relationship with the other party. If litigation is unavoidable, we will do what we can to be economic and practical, and can help you to find the quickest and most cost-effective resolution to the dispute.
We deal with a wide range of contractual disputes including:-
- Debt claims
- Supply of goods or services disputes
- Product liability claims
- Misrepresentation claims
- Intellectual Property disputes
We assist clients from a broad range of sectors and appreciate that it is important to be aware of the market and sector that your business is operating in. We advise clients from a wide variety of sectors including:
- Oil and gas
- Professional services
Our recent experience includes:
- Acting on behalf of a manufacturer within the oil and gas industry on a product liability claim of over £1.5m relating to a unit already operational in the field;
- Advising on a contractual dispute involving bespoke highly valuable luxury security doors; and
- Advising a construction contractor on a complex dispute with a sub-contractor.