The Government has announced changes to the Renters (Reform) Bill to protect vulnerable residents and improve the safety of homes for tenants. It has tabled amendments to make it illegal for landlords and agents to have blanket bans on renting to people who receive benefits or who have children – ensuring families aren’t discriminated against
Our specialist Property Litigation team provide advice on a wide range of property disputes.
Talk to one of our friendly and experienced team on 01582 514000
We work closely with our Commercial Property team to provide early cost-effective advice and aim to find solutions through negotiation, mediation or other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
If litigation becomes necessary, our team are highly experienced litigators with a proven track record working regularly in the High Court, County Court and Property Tribunals.
We act for a broad range of clients from landowners, lenders, developers, commercial and residential property investors, to individual property owners.
We aim to work with you to resolve disputes in the most effective way to meet your ultimate objectives.
We have experience in dealing with:-
- Breach of contract disputes
- Construction disputes
- Development disputes
- Dilapidations claims
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1954;
- Landlord and tenant issues including rent arrears, forfeiture and lease renewals
- Party wall disputes
- Possession of land claims including adverse possession and squatters
- Professional negligence
- Rights of Way
- Rights of light claims
- Service charge disputes
Our recent experience includes:-
- Advising the freeholder of a large estate in relation to a claim for forfeiture against a lessee using the flat for short term holiday lets
- Advising the owner of two industrial units on a possible claim for forfeiture and a dispute over car parking at the site
- Advising the seller in a complex claim relating to development land where the seller is in financial difficulties and the lender has appointed Law of Property Act receivers