Two adult brothers have failed in their attempt to be given a share of their deceased father’s estate after being left out of his will. The High Court ruled that it was clear that the father had made provision for them while he was alive and did not want them to receive anything further. The
Our specialist Property Litigation team provide advice on a wide range of property disputes.
Talk to one of our friendly and experienced team on 01582 514000
We work closely with our Commercial Property team to provide early cost-effective advice and aim to find solutions through negotiation, mediation or other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
If litigation becomes necessary, our team are highly experienced litigators with a proven track record working regularly in the High Court, County Court and Property Tribunals.
We act for a broad range of clients from landowners, lenders, developers, commercial and residential property investors, to individual property owners.
We aim to work with you to resolve disputes in the most effective way to meet your ultimate objectives.
We have experience in dealing with:-
- Breach of contract disputes
- Construction disputes
- Development disputes
- Dilapidations claims
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1954;
- Landlord and tenant issues including rent arrears, forfeiture and lease renewals
- Party wall disputes
- Possession of land claims including adverse possession and squatters
- Professional negligence
- Rights of Way
- Rights of light claims
- Service charge disputes
Our recent experience includes:-
- Advising the freeholder of a large estate in relation to a claim for forfeiture against a lessee using the flat for short term holiday lets
- Advising the owner of two industrial units on a possible claim for forfeiture and a dispute over car parking at the site
- Advising the seller in a complex claim relating to development land where the seller is in financial difficulties and the lender has appointed Law of Property Act receivers
Related Resources (View more resources)
Read our latest article on how Covid-19 has presented an array of challenges for the commercial landlord and tenant sector.
In this edition – Bankruptcy and the Family Home, Directors Personal Guarantees, Breathing Space and Corporate Insolvency – Reviewable Transactions.
An overview of possession claims for residential landlords with Edward Gill and Holly Baker.
Click to listen now
Welcome to Issue 3 of our Property Litigation News. In this issue – Rent Arrears and Commercial Tenants, Bringing a Money Claim for Rent Arrears and Business Lease Renewals in Times of Covid….