Two adult brothers have failed in their attempt to be given a share of their deceased father’s estate after being left out of his will. The High Court ruled that it was clear that the father had made provision for them while he was alive and did not want them to receive anything further. The
Landlord & Tenant Disputes
Disputes and disagreements between commercial landlords and tenants are an unfortunate fact of business life. Our highly experienced property litigation team work with a broad range of clients both landlords and tenants to resolve disputes in the most effective way through negotiation, mediation or court and tribunal proceedings.
Talk to one of our friendly and experienced team on 01582 514000
Our team consists of highly experienced litigators working regularly in the High Court, County Court and Property Tribunals.
We work closely with our commercial property team to provide a comprehensive and seamless service.
We regularly assist with:-
- Business lease renewals
- Forfeiture and repossessions
- Rent and service charge arrears and collection
- Service charge disputes and collections
- Break clauses
- Breach of covenant claims
- Block management
Our recent experience includes:-
- Advising the freeholder of a large prestigious estate on a claim for utilities of over £80,000 and the potential for recoverability through service charges;
- Advising the tenant in a substantial dilapidations claim resulting in a settlement for less than a quarter of the sum initially claimed
- Acting on behalf of the landlords in a contested lease renewal based on the tenant’s serious criminal activity at or near the property
Related Resources (View more resources)
Read our latest article on how Covid-19 has presented an array of challenges for the commercial landlord and tenant sector.
In this edition – Bankruptcy and the Family Home, Directors Personal Guarantees, Breathing Space and Corporate Insolvency – Reviewable Transactions.
An overview of possession claims for residential landlords with Edward Gill and Holly Baker.
Click to listen now
Welcome to Issue 3 of our Property Litigation News. In this issue – Rent Arrears and Commercial Tenants, Bringing a Money Claim for Rent Arrears and Business Lease Renewals in Times of Covid….