The Government has announced changes to the Renters (Reform) Bill to protect vulnerable residents and improve the safety of homes for tenants. It has tabled amendments to make it illegal for landlords and agents to have blanket bans on renting to people who receive benefits or who have children – ensuring families aren’t discriminated against
Landlord & Tenant Disputes
Disputes and disagreements between commercial landlords and tenants are an unfortunate fact of business life. Our highly experienced property litigation team work with a broad range of clients both landlords and tenants to resolve disputes in the most effective way through negotiation, mediation or court and tribunal proceedings.
Talk to one of our friendly and experienced team on 01582 514000
Our team consists of highly experienced litigators working regularly in the High Court, County Court and Property Tribunals.
We work closely with our commercial property team to provide a comprehensive and seamless service.
We regularly assist with:-
- Business lease renewals
- Forfeiture and repossessions
- Rent and service charge arrears and collection
- Service charge disputes and collections
- Break clauses
- Breach of covenant claims
- Block management
Our recent experience includes:-
- Advising the freeholder of a large prestigious estate on a claim for utilities of over £80,000 and the potential for recoverability through service charges;
- Advising the tenant in a substantial dilapidations claim resulting in a settlement for less than a quarter of the sum initially claimed
- Acting on behalf of the landlords in a contested lease renewal based on the tenant’s serious criminal activity at or near the property