The Government has announced changes to the Renters (Reform) Bill to protect vulnerable residents and improve the safety of homes for tenants. It has tabled amendments to make it illegal for landlords and agents to have blanket bans on renting to people who receive benefits or who have children – ensuring families aren’t discriminated against
Professionals hold a position of trust, and are there to advise businesses and individuals in their respective professional fields.
Talk to one of our friendly and experienced team on 01582 514000
Unfortunately, professionals sometimes make mistakes and fail to uphold the standard expected of them. In some cases, you or your business could be left disadvantaged or out of pocket as a result. We can fight your corner in holding those that you put your faith in accountable.
We frequently assist in claims for professional negligence against:
- Surveyors and architects;
- Solicitors and barristers;
- Accountants and financial advisors;
- Insurance Brokers; and
- Other professionals.
We understand that it can be extremely stressful to be let down by a professional that you trusted, and the knock on effect can be unsettling. We navigate professional negligence claims with sensitivity, care and consideration to your individual needs and expectations. We take pride in our ability to achieve results in professional negligence claims whilst ensuring these cases are succinct, well managed and cost-effective.
Recent cases we have been involved with include:
- Acting on behalf of numerous companies against accounting firms who have acted negligently;
- Acting on behalf of the owner of a bespoke built property in a claim for negligence against the architect;
- Advising the purchaser of a residential property who relied on a full surveying report only to later find structural defects;
In addition to advising on the substantive issues, we also provide further practical advice in respect of insurance or regulatory matters arising from professional negligence or professional liability issues.