A man has been removed as an executor of his mother’s will after his brother complained that he was obstructing the administration of the estate. The case involved three brothers; two of them were executors of her will. Following several years of disagreement, one of the brothers raised a petition seeking the removal of the
Intellectual Property & Technology Disputes
We understand that in the modern-day, intellectual property is integral to a business and can often be the business’s most valuable asset. We can help if your intellectual property rights are being infringed, or if you need help to defend a claim against you or your business.
Talk to one of our friendly and experienced team on 01582 514000
We assist clients to protect their rights quickly and effectively through clear practical advice, robust correspondence including cease-and-desist letters, and injunctive proceedings where necessary.
We act for claimants and defendants and assist with:-
- Trademark infringement;
- Patent infringement;
- Copyright issues;
- Brand issues and passing off;
- Design rights; and
- Other IP issues
We also act for a number of software companies in relation to disputes, injunctions, IP rights, and regularly advise clients on technology-based issues.
Our recent experience includes:-
- Advising a cosmetics company on a passing off dispute in relation to the use of their logo;
- Acting on behalf of a construction company in relation to misuse of copyright by a former employee;
- Advised a client on issues concerning sensitive photographs breaching confidentiality; and
- Successfully defended a claim at trial and a subsequent Court of Appeal application on behalf of a manufacturer in a dispute over the ownership of intellectual property rights.
Related Resources (View more resources)
Welcome to the latest issue of the Property Litigation News
Welcome to Issue 4 of the Residential Lettings Newsletter. This issue covers the Section 21 and Section 8 notice periods, adjustments to right to rent checks, top possession pitfalls and new s8 and s21 prescribed forms from October 2021.
Presentation slides from the webinar ‘Getting your terms and conditions right: why the small print matters’ which took place on Thursday 23rd September 2021.
Join Edward Tomlins-Gill and Holly Baker as they discuss the issue and common problems of incorporating standard terms and conditions.