Two adult brothers have failed in their attempt to be given a share of their deceased father’s estate after being left out of his will. The High Court ruled that it was clear that the father had made provision for them while he was alive and did not want them to receive anything further. The
Intellectual Property & Technology Disputes
We understand that in the modern-day, intellectual property is integral to a business and can often be the business’s most valuable asset. We can help if your intellectual property rights are being infringed, or if you need help to defend a claim against you or your business.
Talk to one of our friendly and experienced team on 01582 514000
We assist clients to protect their rights quickly and effectively through clear practical advice, robust correspondence including cease-and-desist letters, and injunctive proceedings where necessary.
We act for claimants and defendants and assist with:-
- Trademark infringement;
- Patent infringement;
- Copyright issues;
- Brand issues and passing off;
- Design rights; and
- Other IP issues
We also act for a number of software companies in relation to disputes, injunctions, IP rights, and regularly advise clients on technology-based issues.
Our recent experience includes:-
- Advising a cosmetics company on a passing off dispute in relation to the use of their logo;
- Acting on behalf of a construction company in relation to misuse of copyright by a former employee;
- Advised a client on issues concerning sensitive photographs breaching confidentiality; and
- Successfully defended a claim at trial and a subsequent Court of Appeal application on behalf of a manufacturer in a dispute over the ownership of intellectual property rights.
Related Resources (View more resources)
Read our latest article on how Covid-19 has presented an array of challenges for the commercial landlord and tenant sector.
In this edition – Bankruptcy and the Family Home, Directors Personal Guarantees, Breathing Space and Corporate Insolvency – Reviewable Transactions.
An overview of possession claims for residential landlords with Edward Gill and Holly Baker.
Click to listen now
Welcome to Issue 3 of our Property Litigation News. In this issue – Rent Arrears and Commercial Tenants, Bringing a Money Claim for Rent Arrears and Business Lease Renewals in Times of Covid….