Two adult brothers have failed in their attempt to be given a share of their deceased father’s estate after being left out of his will. The High Court ruled that it was clear that the father had made provision for them while he was alive and did not want them to receive anything further. The
We frequently advise owners, employers, developers, contractors, sub-contractors and construction professionals (including architects and surveyors) in relation to disputes arising from both residential and commercial construction projects.
Talk to one of our friendly and experienced team on 01582 514000
We understand the need to act quickly given that often construction disputes are time-critical particularly if the next stage of construction is being held up pending resolution of the dispute.
We advise on disputes including:-
- Claims for losses caused by delayed work
- Claims involving defective work
- Negligence claims
- Claims for unpaid fees
- Claims for time extensions
Our aim is to work with our clients to resolve disputes in the swiftest, most cost-effective way to meet our client’s needs whether through negotiation, mediation or litigation.
Our recent experience includes:-
- Advising on a dispute between contractors working on a multimillion pound stadium home to an English premier league team;
- Acting on behalf of a homeowner suing the architect who negligently designed their £1.5m bespoke home; and
- Advising a specialist gas contractor on an adjudication relating to unpaid fees and a dispute over defective work.
Related Resources (View more resources)
Read our latest article on how Covid-19 has presented an array of challenges for the commercial landlord and tenant sector.
In this edition – Bankruptcy and the Family Home, Directors Personal Guarantees, Breathing Space and Corporate Insolvency – Reviewable Transactions.
An overview of possession claims for residential landlords with Edward Gill and Holly Baker.
Click to listen now
Welcome to Issue 3 of our Property Litigation News. In this issue – Rent Arrears and Commercial Tenants, Bringing a Money Claim for Rent Arrears and Business Lease Renewals in Times of Covid….