The Government has announced changes to the Renters (Reform) Bill to protect vulnerable residents and improve the safety of homes for tenants. It has tabled amendments to make it illegal for landlords and agents to have blanket bans on renting to people who receive benefits or who have children – ensuring families aren’t discriminated against
We frequently advise owners, employers, developers, contractors, sub-contractors and construction professionals (including architects and surveyors) in relation to disputes arising from both residential and commercial construction projects.
Talk to one of our friendly and experienced team on 01582 514000
We understand the need to act quickly given that often construction disputes are time-critical particularly if the next stage of construction is being held up pending resolution of the dispute.
We advise on disputes including:-
- Claims for losses caused by delayed work
- Claims involving defective work
- Negligence claims
- Claims for unpaid fees
- Claims for time extensions
Our aim is to work with our clients to resolve disputes in the swiftest, most cost-effective way to meet our client’s needs whether through negotiation, mediation or litigation.
Our recent experience includes:-
- Advising on a dispute between contractors working on a multimillion pound stadium home to an English premier league team;
- Acting on behalf of a homeowner suing the architect who negligently designed their £1.5m bespoke home; and
- Advising a specialist gas contractor on an adjudication relating to unpaid fees and a dispute over defective work.