In the ordinary course of events, employers have little to no involvement in their employee’s personal lives and actions outside of work. But what happens when the employee does or says something outside of the workplace which the employer feels may have a material impact on their business? Employers will become interested in employees’ extra-curricular
Whether you are starting a new business, or going through a period of growth, our solicitors can advise you on structuring and streamlining your employment processes in accordance with best market practice.
Talk to one of our friendly and experienced team on 01582 514000
Lots of our employer clients are concerned about the risks associated with recruitment, and we can help you run your recruitment processes to ensure you are compliant with your legal obligations in a cost and time-efficient way. Our clients often have questions around recruitment, for example:
- What are our obligations in terms of diversity and equal opportunities?
- How do we approach applications from candidates with disabilities?
- Can we positively discriminate during recruitment to create a more representative workforce?
- How do we protect our business if an employee resigns and is employed by a competitor?
The queries you may have on recruitment will depend on the nature of your business, but we will take time to ensure we fully understand your business model and the most appropriate way to grow your business.
The challenges faced by your business in recruiting new staff will be fact-specific and what works for one business may not for another. For example, establishing worker status for new staff may pose more risk for businesses of a certain size or from a particular industry than others.
As a guideline, we commonly advise our corporate clients on the following elements of recruitment:
- Structuring and carrying out compliant recruitment;
- Legal obligations for equal opportunities;
- Negotiating and drafting contracts of employment;
- Service Agreements and Consultancy Agreements
- Worker status queries
- Advising on restrictive covenants, post-termination restrictions and confidentiality provisions;
- Bonus schemes and benefits packages;
- Staff Handbooks and policies and procedures.