A notary public (or public notary) is an internationally recognised legal professional who prepares, witnesses, certifies and authenticates deeds and documents for businesses and individuals to use abroad.
Talk to one of our friendly and experienced team on 01582 514000
If you are working, getting married or buying or selling a property abroad or you own a company that does business abroad, you will require a notary.
This will ensure all your key legal documents have been verified, prepared and legally recognised in countries outside the UK.
When will I need a Notary Public?
- Prepare and authenticate powers of attorney for use overseas
- Deal with documents relating to the purchase or sale of land and property abroad
- Authenticate documents for immigration or emigration purposes
- Authenticate documents to apply to marry or to work abroad, including the authentication of professional and educational qualifications and preparation of capacity to marry via statutory declaration or oath
- Authenticate company and business documents and transactions for foreign contracts or the formation of foreign subsidiary companies
- Deal with documents relating to foreign wills and estate administration
What services does the Notary Public provide?
Notaries must verify for each client their identity, legal capacity and understanding of the document as well as their authority if signing on behalf of another party such as a limited company so they are legally valid for use overseas.
In England and Wales, a notary public is typically a qualified solicitor and may carry out other types of legal work.
What is legalisation?
Documents may need to be ‘legalised’ or ‘apostilled’. This refers to the process of verification by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), embassy or consulate where the Notary Public’s signature is checked. An ‘apostille’ is the certificate attached to the documents.
How Machins can help?
At Machins Solicitors, our Notary Public, Santokh Singh is ready to help you. With a wealth of legal expertise, Santokh understands the need for specialist advice when it comes to notarial matters.
Our Notary Public Team
Machins Solicitors has achieved seven practice area recommendations in the latest edition of Legal 500 UK including one Top Tier ranking in the area of family law for the third year running. Among the areas of expertise in which the firm is regarded includes corporate and commercial, employment and family as well as dispute resolution,