Specialist Practice Areas
- Powers of Attorney
- Elderly client work
Nicki has been an associate solicitor at Machins since 2015 becoming a partner in November 2020 . She studied her undergraduate law degree at Brunel University, completing the legal practice course in Oxford with a distinction.
Nicki has a wealth of experience with a wide range of clients and circumstances in all aspects of non-contested private client work. She enjoys ensuring clients are put at ease where concerned, supported as necessary and guided through often legally complex scenarios.
Matters that Nicki has worked on recently include:-
- Application to the Court of Protection for the removal and appointment of Trustees and Deputyship applications for incapacitated patients.
- Reviewing clients’ existing Wills and preparing the new Wills where necessary to include Inheritance Tax planning.
- Obtaining Grants of Probate and administering estates or assisting lay Executors with very straightforward estates through to complex, multi property and multi jurisdictional estates.
- Preparing and registering Lasting Powers of Attorney with adequate safeguards to protect the Donor in light of recent case law.
- Advising on and drafting Trust Deeds.
- Charity formation.
Nicki also acts as a Trustee and on the executive committee for two local charities and has working knowledge of some of the difficulties that smaller charities can face.
Nicki was rated in the Legal 500 as a rising star.
Outside of work Nicki spends her time training and producing quirky and young horses for show jumping around the UK. In any spare time she enjoys reading, walking, painting and fast cars.
Super service! Nicki Denton-Masih was a credit to Machins in every respect. January 2020.
Nicki was very polite and helpful and gave me so much confidence when most needed. February 2019.
There is very relaxed atmosphere. Nicki was extremely helpful and informative and provided a very professional service. September 2019.
Reliable, professional and personable. December 2019.