Tel: 01582 514389
Specialist Practice Areas
Jackie advises a broad client base, across all industries but with a focus on TMT and financial services, from start-up entrepreneurs to SMEs and Blue Chips. Advising on:
Business As Usual employment issues:
- HR training, drafting and implementation of employment policy and contract documentation; performance and absence management.
- Business reorganisations and redundancies; senior appointments and exits, preparing and negotiating settlement agreements.
- Dispute resolution and mediation, cases to the Employment Tribunals, High Court and Appeal Courts.
On the Corporate side:
- Employment issues on buying and selling businesses.
- Specialism in TUPE business transfers and outsourcing, off-shoring, competitive tendering, advising Construction, Facilities and Real Estate Management, Advertising, Technology and BPO clients on TUPE compliance, information and consultation, due diligence and comparability of terms, harmonisation and redundancies. Drafting and negotiating contract indemnities and exit provisions.
- Collective redundancy programmes.
Qualified as a solicitor in 1998. Having qualified locally, Jackie spent 13 years in the City as a senior lawyer at CMS Cameron McKenna, K&L Gates and Starr & Partners before joining Machins Solicitors as a Partner in Employment in 2013.
Jackie is a regular speaker to businesses on employment issues including: “Redundancies and Hamonisation following a TUPE transfer”– Hawksmere Conference on TUPE; MAA “Excellence in Account Management”; “ Stress, Disability & Absenteeism” .
She is an avid supporter of Cancer charities and holds workshops at the Breast Cancer charity The Haven entitled “Working It Out –Cancer in the Workplace”
Away from work, Jackie enjoys the great outdoors: she is a keen runner and cyclist (just has to work on the swimming!) and enjoys travelling and trekking– particularly in Nepal, Patagonia and the Middle East, but is happiest nearer to home in the mountains of Kerry, Ireland.
"The 'personable and efficient' Jackie Cuneen jointly leads the 'excellent in all areas team' at Machins Solicitors LLP with senior partner Robert Bedford". Legal 500 2105