We are currently recruiting an experienced full time Legal Secretary to join our team in Luton working in the Commercial Property Department. Key tasks will include dealing directly with clients and colleagues on the fee earner’s behalf and carrying out any administrative or other roles reasonably delegated.
Ideally, the candidate will:
- To produce documents and correspondence by word processing/audio typing as directed by the Fee Earner(s).
- To attend to clients and others, both on the telephone and in person. Where possible dealing with initial enquiries or taking detailed messages so the appropriate person can deal with the matter upon their return to the office.
- To set up new files accurately and speedily on instruction from the Fee Earner(s).
- To maintain the Fee Earners’ client details on the firm’s database (Videss) ensuring they are updated regularly.
- To deal promptly and accurately with all filing and the storage and retrieval of client files.
- To manage Fee Earner’s diary, which will include making appointments, arranging meetings, organising travel etc. when required. To ensure all meetings have appropriate facilities such as a meeting room booked, refreshments etc.
- To assist in the smooth running of the administration and secretarial support for the Department, and where appropriate to provide support to other fee earners and secretarial staff.
- At all times, to ensure the confidentiality and security of all practice and client data, documentation and/or information.
- To undertake any other ad hoc duties as requested by the professional staff in the department.
- To make sure files are Lexcel compliant and manage money laundering checks and keep money laundering records
- Assisting with the preparation of bills
- Ensuring disbursements are claimed and paid
Salary dependent on experience
Please send your send your current C.V. together with a covering letter to [email protected]
The closing date is 7 February 2019