Legal Secretary – Berkhamsted
We are currently recruiting an experienced full time Legal Secretary to join our team in Berkhamsted working in the Residential Conveyancing Department.
Who are we?
Machins Solicitors is a highly regarded full-service law firm with over 100 staff working across our two offices in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire. We offer a wide range of legal services across both commercial and private client sectors, with our client base ranging from individuals, soles traders, SMEs, national, international businesses and multinational corporations.
We are proud of our highly experienced legal team with backgrounds from reputable local and City firms as well as current partners who themselves joined the firm as trainee solicitors. A total of 16 lawyers have been recommended across the practice in the latest edition of Legal 500 UK. Machins also achieved eight practice area recommendations including a top-tier firm recommendation in the area of family law.
The last few years have seen exciting changes for the firm, including the Luton office location move to larger premises in early 2019. The new office in Luton is now double the size which will facilitate the continued growth and expansion of the firm over the next few years.
Ideally, the candidate will:
- To produce documents and correspondence by word processing/audio typing as directed by the Fee Earner(s).
- To attend to clients and others, both on the telephone and in person. Where possible dealing with initial enquiries or taking detailed messages so the appropriate person can deal with the matter upon their return to the office.
- To set up new files accurately and speedily on instruction from the Fee Earner(s).
- To maintain the Fee Earners’ client details on the firm’s database (Videss) ensuring they are updated regularly.
- To deal promptly and accurately with all filing and the storage and retrieval of client files.
- To manage Fee Earner’s diary, which will include making appointments, arranging meetings, organising travel etc. when required. To ensure all meetings have appropriate facilities such as a meeting room booked, refreshments etc.
- To assist in the smooth running of the administration and secretarial support for the Department, and where appropriate to provide support to other Fee Earners and secretarial staff.
- At all times, to ensure the confidentiality and security of all practice and client data, documentation and/or information.
- To undertake any other ad hoc duties as requested by the professional staff in the department.
- To make sure files are Lexcel compliant and manage money laundering checks and keep money laundering records
- Assisting with the preparation of bills
- Ensuring disbursements are claimed and paid
Salary dependent on experience
How to apply
Please send your send your current C.V. together with a covering letter to [email protected]