Good Divorce Week - 30th November - 4th December 2020
From 30th November 2020 to 4th December marks Good Divorce Week. This is an annual campaign initiative by Resolution, a national organisation of family justice professionals who aim to work with families and individuals to resolve issues in a constructive way. Resolution has over 6,500 professional members including the Machins Family Law Team.
The initiative’s purpose is to promote a practical and constructive approach to family problems and separation, which aims to limit the impact of relationship breakdown on the parties and particularly their children.
Machins Solicitors are members of Resolution and are committed to the Resolution Code of Practice which promotes a non-confrontational approach to resolving family problems. This means we:
- Reduce or manage any conflict and confrontation; for example, by not using inflammatory language.
- Support and encourage families to put the best interests of any children first.
- Act with honesty, integrity and objectivity.
- Help clients understand and manage the potential long-term financial and emotional consequences of decisions.
- Listen to and treat everyone with respect and without judgment.
- Use our experience and knowledge to guide clients through the options available to them.
- Continually develop our knowledge and skills.
- Use the Resolution Guides to Good Practice in our day-to-day work.
The goal is to reduce the tension and conflict between the parties so they can maintain respect for each other and put the needs of their children first going forward.
We offer free 30 minute consultations every Tuesday from 2-6pm on all aspects of separation, divorce and family law. Call us today on 01442 872311 for helpful advice from our expert family solicitors.