Wills, inheritance and estate disputes
The expert lawyers from our private client and dispute resolution teams will be providing guidance on what steps you can take if you have concerns about a loved one’s will and how to ensure that your estate is dealt with in line with your wishes
About this event
Issues around inheritance, trusts, wills and estates can be distressing but disputes are becoming increasingly common between family members
The next in our series of seminars looking at different aspects of wills, probate and inheritance tax will be focusing on contentious probate, examining challenges to wills and practical steps to reduce the risk of claims being brought against your estate.
Some key areas we will be covering will be:-
- The difference between challenging a will and disputing an estate
- Grounds for challenging a will and common issues
- Capacity and undue influence
- COVID 19 and challenges to wills
- Who can challenge a will and the challenge process
- Obtaining information and evidence
- The impact of a successful challenge
- How to reduce the possibility of your will and/or estate being challenged
The presentation will run from 10am-10.45am followed followed by a online Q&A session for anyone wishing to ask questions.