About this event
Terminating an employee’s employment is never an easy decision to make. It requires sensitive handling to ensure fair treatment.
When it comes to redundancy legislation the law is complex and employers must understand their obligations, including employees’ rights, to ensure the correct procedures are followed.
In this webinar, David Rushmere and Grace Alabi from our Employment Law team will be providing an overview of the key steps businesses need to follow as well as sharing practical advice on how to limit any exposure to your business, including unfair dismissal and discrimination claims, during any redundancy exercise.
Topics covered will include:-
- Following the redundancy process
- Managing consultations – individual and collective
- Selecting individuals for redundancy
- What payments are made on redundancy?
- The appeals process
- Exploring alternatives
- Avoiding potential claims
- Common mistakes and pitfalls